I’ve been using concealers since I started working as I have problems with dark circles like most of us. Also, it’s my go-to when I have to hide dark spots or pimple marks when I do my makeup.
Before I proceed with my review of these concealers, note that this is only a guide and that we all have different undertones, skin types, and preferences. And, if you have yellow undertone with normal to dry skin, then you can probably relate to this review.
Nichido HD Serum Gel Concealer
To be honest, I only bought this concealer in Watsons as it was the best option I got out of all the brands available. I bought the Honeybutter shade, the only lighter shade for yellow undertones that I could buy. It comes in a cute 8.5 ml tube that promises to provide buildable and blendable coverage that lasts up to 8 hours. It says it also brightens and improves skin texture as it covers, making it ideal for the under-eye area.
- It has a doe-foot applicator which makes it convenient to apply on pimples or under-eye areas
- It doesn’t have a strong fragrant smell
- Pigmentation is good
- It is indeed blendable and has a velvety finish when you blend
- Packaging-wise, it’s small so it’s handy and can be put in your makeup kit
- It’s affordable! I forgot the price but it’s more or less Php 300
- I would say it’s not as lightweight as it says in their product description
- Can be sticky so it’s important to set this
- It creases on fine lines around the eyes mid-day
- Medium coverage only
- Doesn’t last long (on my skin) as it promises
Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer
This product is popular among makeup lovers and so I tried if it’s worth the hype. I purchased the shade Sand (20) that is packaged in a 6.8 ml tube. According to Maybelline, it is an oil-free concealer that matches skin tones and it delivers breathable and natural coverage.
- It’s lightweight and easy to blend
- It really matches my skin tone and the shades are perfect for Filipina skin
- It gives a dewy look with a smooth finish
- Doesn’t crease on fine lines
- Provides good coverage on blemishes
- Packaging is sleek-looking
- It’s fragrance-free
- Affordable (Php 299) and has many shades to choose from
- It wears off mid-day
- Light to medium coverage only
- Not ideal for concealing dark circles
L’Oreal Infallible Full Wear Concealer
So I tried to invest in a concealer that gives heavier coverage to hide my dark circles. I bought this concealer in shade Nude Beige. It promises full-on coverage and full-face wear for up to 24 hours that gives you a flawless matte finish. It’s Php 450 for a 10 ml bottle.
- It has a bigger doe-foot applicator than usual, making it more convenient for application
- It’s very pigmented
- Full coverage, perfect for concealing eye bags/dark circles
- It’s non-greasy and provides a matte finish
- It lasts longer and waterproof
- Packaging-wise, it’s handy and easier to grip
- It’s worth the price
- It has a strong fragrance that smells like shampoo
- Since it’s waterproof, it’s harder to remove this concealer off my face
- I think its 24-hour full coverage promise is a bit of an overstatement because it somehow fades after 7 to 8 hrs, and there’s little to no need for a retouch
Overall, I’d say L’Oreal Infallible Full Wear Concealer is a great option for people who prefer full and long-lasting coverage; just bear with the smell, though. If you wish to have dewy look and evenly cover blemishes, Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer can do this trick. Nichido Serum Gel Concealer is still a good option if you’re on a budget and do not have much to cover.
Have you tried any of these concealers? What can you say?