If you’re looking for something good to do now, you can donate at least ₱50 to a cause you are passionate about at your fingertips. The Giving Hero app is a Filipino technology startup and an incubatee of UPSCALE Innovation Hub in UP Diliman that advocates the use of technology for good.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for donations to hospitals, government offices, and non-profit organizations has increased. Various organizations initiated their respective fundraising or campaigns to support communities that have been affected by the outbreak.
Believing in the citizen philanthropy, Giving Hero CEO and co-founder Junver Arcayna said the creation of the app aims to provide an avenue even for small giving.
“We envision a world where generosity is a lifestyle.”
“We hope that more nonprofits will be able to use this technology as it allows us to also see how digital giving is in the Philippines,” Arcayna added.
Through Giving Hero, users can donate to any of its 13 partner NGOs and 20 campaigns that mostly respond to COVID-19 pandemic, environment efforts, youth empowerment, and children-related advocacies.
No matter the amount you give, it can go a long way.
Some of the campaigns you can support are as follows:
- Donation Drive for Sikad Drivers – for displaced tricycle drivers
- EdukAKSYON Kontra COVID-19 – an educational campaign about the pandemic in Visayan communities
- COVID-19 Response for Isolated and Persecuted Believers – relief for persecuted Christians
- NYLI COVID Relief – fundraising for food packs and hygiene kits
- AccessiWheels’ Free Pickup/Drop off – for patients in need for medical procedures (e.g. dialysis)
- PYDN Polio Campaign – for youth mobilization to curb polio re-emergence
Users can sign up using Facebook or Google account. It has a user-friendly interface, making it easier for members to send money via GCash, BPI, Paypal, or Coins.ph.
For more information, visit the official Giving Hero Facebook page.
The Giving Hero app is available in Google Play and App Store.